Minutes - FHIR Validation Group 2020-02-28

From Health Level 7 Belgium Wiki

Friday, 28th February 2020, 9:30 CET


  • Review and Approve Agenda
  • Scope of the group discussion
  • Timeline for profiles
  • Care Team - validation of proposal
  • Care Plan - review of proposal
  • Care Team - validation of current profile
  • Patient Will - review of proposal
  • Addiction - review of proposal
  • Problem - review of proposal



  • Hanne Vuegen
  • Isabelle Pollet
  • Robin Bosman
  • Anne Nerenhausen
  • Stefan Beerten
  • Jose Costa Teixeira (scribe)

9:30 - 9:40 Agenda

Agenda approved

9:40 - 10:05 Scope of the work groups

Questions about the process and our role and part of the process - we agree that these meetings are the Validation meetings, not the content discussion sessions, nor the process governance sessions.


  • Send some project proposals to validate the process
  • Robin will invite the Validation group for feedback about the governance process.

10:05 - 10:30 Timeline for profiles

  • We have a Plugathon coming in March. DZOP scope is in the Plugathon. Also Hanne will be on leave soon.
  • Request to continue current priorities - close DZOP profiles Communication and CareTeam - as long as this does not block other priorities.
  • In our timeline we will consider next - Addiction and Patient Will.
  • Robin is working on a message with myCareNet, deadline is June, so we can expect a proposal and content around April.
  • Jose will create a page for the upcoming validation topics - this way we have a guide for planning our meetings. Robin (with input from others) will keep it in line with the official expectations.

Action Item: Jose to create a page with upcoming/planned profiling effort

10:30 - 11:00 Care Team - validation of proposal

Some adjustments to the proposal. Proposal is approved after updated as attached. Proposal

11:00 - 11:15 Care Plan - review of proposal

Some adjustments to the proposal. Proposal is approved after updated as attached. Proposal

11:15 - 11:45 Care Team - validation of current profile

Changes requested:

  • CareTeam.category should pre-adopt the FHIR R5 value set, still as example binding
  • Participant.member must use the BE profiles only.
  • Discussion about note Must support - sometimes there is a note that may not be transmitted in the Care Team.
    • Decision: we will clarify, in each attribute that has Must Support, what that Must Support means. In the case of Note, we will describe that "...if you receive it, you shall not ignore it. If you have relevant information, the decision whether to include or not must still consider relevance, privacy, etc.

11:15 - 11:45 Allergy - review of proposal

Some changes were proposed. Additional changes will be done offline, ideally by 5th March

Next meetings

  • Dates
    • Friday 13th March, 9:30
    • Wednesday 1 April, 14:00
  • Topics:
    • Care Plan
    • Immunization

Action Items

  • Jose: Add a page with list of upcoming profiles
    • Profile list: [1]
    • Category page: [2]
  • Jose: Add the clarification of our meaning of Must Support, after discussion with FHIR community

HL7 Belgium Validation Group