Minutes - FHIR Validation Group 2020-04-24

From Health Level 7 Belgium Wiki

Friday, 24th April 2020, 9:30 CET


  • Welcome
  • Review and Approve Agenda
  • Updates on action items
  • Proposals and Current status of projects
  • Schedule of future meetings
  • Other projects and initiatives
  • Updates on Governance



  • Stijn Longin
  • Robin Bosman
  • Anne Nerenhausen
  • Stefan Beerten
  • Jose Costa Teixeira (scribe)


  • Isabelle Pollet

09:30 - 09:30 Welcome

09:30 - 09:30 Agenda

Updates on action items

  • Jose will send the link to the HL7 Belgium working group pages on the wiki, so that people in the Validation Groups can share with others and invite to participate.

Proposal: Patient Will

Some issues that should be reviewed:

  1. LMs should point at LMs
  2. Check spelling "ressuscitation"
  3. Scope/Category - names?
  4. Patient will valueset - will come from KMEHR values
  5. DateTime - rewrite to explain that it is date when record was entered
  6. Performer Roles - we must find a way to keep history of updates
  7. Add a note on Policy rule that it is currently a technical need.
  8. ValueSet for Scope will need to be provided by RIZIV/INAMI
  9. Example should give an error (because it does not have the period)
  10. Patient Will EffectiveTime - make a structure that supports time and free text.

Proposal: Addiction

  1. Effective - period OR string
  2. How to handle multiple addictions
  3. Addiction - category - short text
  4. Quantity - observation? Extension?
  5. Remove Product
  6. Treatment is missing
  7. Addiction Roles
  8. Clinical status - does it have a period? Or do we need a "history" in the logical model?
  9. Add MustSupport on Addiction
  10. Add short description to Addiction.category on profile
  11. How to add a quantifier to Addiction (e.g. 2 packs per day)
  12. How to add a treatment to Addiction (boolean and reference)
  13. How to add the roles in the Addiction reporting and updating history - reporter, verifier,...
  14. Addiction Effective time - make a structure that supports time and free text.

Schedule of future meetings

Next meeting is on 7th May, 9h30 - tentatively the meetings will happen on thursdays instead of fridays, if that allows the Terminology Center to join


Robin showed 1 new update to the description of the governance, related to the Project Proposal impact.

Next meeting

  • Go through the updates to Addiction and PatientWill.
  • Discuss FHIR artifacts (possibly including the SupportingProfile)

We should not reduce the frequency of the meetings, but we may cut them short if there are few or no topics.

HL7 Belgium Validation Workgroup