Minutes - FHIR Validation Group 2020-08-06

From Health Level 7 Belgium Wiki

Thursday, 6th August 2020, 09:30 CET


  • Welcome
  • Review and Approve Agenda
  • Updates on action items
  • New projects
  • Manzana diabetes project discussion


  • José Costa Teixeira (scribe)
  • Robin Bosman
  • Karlien Erauw
  • Stijn Longin
  • Anne Nerenhausen
  • Stefan Beerten
  • Ingrid Mertens
  • Félix de Tavernier
  • Kaoutar Abdellaoui
  • Wei Zhao


Previous Action items

  • The HL7 BE core team will provide to Manzana team, during the week of the 13th July a proposal for working groups, artifacts... etc.
    • Not yet done, will decide during the meeting today

Status update on current projects

  • Security
    • Being finalized, final review on the 11th August, will send to WG Architecture during that week for presenting on 28th.
  • Terminology
    • Ingrid will provide feedback for the availability of a terminology server.
    • Action point: Stijn to setup a session to define the uses for which the server is required, will include Manzana project. Goal is to come up with a plan.
  • Medication
    • Will deliver Dispense soon (likely by 15 August); will send for Public Comment. Then will decide what are next topics (e.g. Medication Schema).
  • Referral Prescription
    • Includes Physiotherapy, Nursing and Imaging. Nursing contained more complexity than expected. This is being resolved, should also deliver profiles soon.
  • eAgreement
    • Continuing according to the group's needs. They could not wait for formal decision on transport mechanisms so they are using SOAP to maintain compatibility with existing infrastructure. This is not expected to impact the architecture of their system or other related systems, because this is a very specific type of interface with no impact on continuity of care.
  • Lab results
    • Revising the approach that was previously pointing at using CDA - we are taking this in FHIR. This will reuse the functional discussions and data needs that were held for CDA as input for a FHIR profile. Expected timeline - first delivery by end of 2020. Workgroup will be formed, Publication infrastructure is already prepared.
  • DZOP
    • Communication as Federal standard - Robin to advise on the next formal steps
    • CarePlan, CareTeam - Profiles done, will possibly have overlaps with Manzana or other projects.
    • Implementation is ongoing, pending also decision on Security and Transport
    • Immunization - content is covered (lots of examples added). To do: update use cases, clean up, terminologies.
    • Patient will, Addiction, Problem - Also covered, must clean up and add terminologies.
    • Observation will start, will have to decide what to do on the proliferation of profiles.
    • Treatment will be scheduled to start
  • Public Comment process
    • Includes reconciliation of content, decision on canonical URLs, big cleanup needed, publication for Comment, comment resolution and final publication.
  • Way of Working
    • Is being documented to ensure that we have a common knowledge of how we work technically.

Manzana project

  • Governance
    • Schedule meetings - which group to include this in
    • To align with terminologies, there should be a formal demand with a clear description of what the need is
    • HL7 Belgium notes the need for a process for projects like Manzana, eHealth, DZOP... to see how terminologies are implemented and managed in Belgium
    • Action items:
      • The meeting facilitated by Stijn will focus on a overview of the needs and make a proposal to unblock this.
  • Content
    • Review of Manzana documentation - data models
    • Construction of a FHIR Logical Model

Other business

No other business. Meeting adjourned

HL7 Belgium Validation Workgroup