Minutes - FHIR Validation Group 2021-06-10
Thursday, 10th June 2021, 10:00 CET
- Rethinking the scope of the Validation Group
- Status on the pending changes - BeOrganization, AllergyIntolerance
- Updates from DevDays / related changes
- Anne Nerenhausen
- Stefan Beerten
- Félix de Tavernier
- Robin Bosman
- Hanne Vuegen
- José Costa Teixeira
- Karlien Erauw
Status on the pending changes - BeOrganization, AllergyIntolerance
- Discussed on the Infrastructure meeting
- The group agreed that the SSIN should be removed from BeOrganization
- We may still need a validation from Nick / vzKUL
- AllergyIntolerance - can we support that the recorder is "someone from the organization" - should we add an extension? Or use PractitionerRole?
- As a consequence of these changes, we enter the process of maintaining existing profiles. We need to include in our process a formal "review of changes" so that the Validation Working can review exactly what is going to change when the change is committed (like a Word document in "track changes" mode). This should include also impact (technical and functional). José and Infrastructure WG will work on a proposal for supporting this.
Jose presents the updates to the Belgian IG infrastructure: templates for easy creation of ImplementationGuides, scritps, etc.
Rethinking the scope of the Validation Group
The Validation Group grew organizally and handles the processes from a governance perspective. This is however hard to explain precisely to other people or new participants. Jose will add "custodian" to the roadmap - who manages the items.
The federal standards can consist of:
- "core" set of federal standard - sets of artifacts like BePatient, BeOrganization...
- "federal approved standards" - e.g. BeMedication IG, or just the BeMedicationDispense profile..
These don't have to use the exact same technology foundation - the core profiles would use Simplifier, and all others could be "officially" published IGs - not in a DEV or build environnment - and will follow a formal cycle for Release management, but they don't have to be copied over to Simplifier. They just get the "approval stamp" of eHealth by being incorporated in the core.
This does not change at all the Validation Group role or any parts of the process. This is just impacting the technical publication.
Investigate the possibility to propose HL7-BE approved IGs as integral part of the Federal standards -
- What is the process for a HL7-BE to be officially "approved"?
- What is the process for eHealth to "onboard" / "stamp" these IGs / this content? - It is currently our process - taking the HL7-BE IG and going through the Validation Group, WGSE, etc.
(The technical infrastructure for that is not a concern - we can dependOn different profiles from different IGs, and HL7-BE can still publish the IGs, without eHealth needing to re-publish those IGs. This can be tried out in the coming releases)