Minutes - FHIR Validation Group 2022-04-28

From Health Level 7 Belgium Wiki

Thursday, 28th April 2022, 10:00 CET


  • Sending of agenda before meetings
  • Project Proposals
    • CVKO
  • Change process
  • Status ScoreResult
  • Questions / Any Other Business


  • Filoretta Velica
  • Hanne Vuegen
  • Veerle Michiels
  • Félix de Tavernier
  • Bart Decuypere
  • Jean-Michel Polfliet
  • Anne Nerenhausen



The group has agreed that the facilitator (normally José) will have to send the agenda for the Validation meeting a few days before the meetings - like was done before, the proposed agenda is to be sent out to the group latest by the monday before the Validation Meeting.

Project Proposals


In the previous Validation Meeting we presented the Project Proposal and suggested that if anyone had objections they should present them latest by today. There are no noted ojections or remarks, and the Validation Group agrees that the project proposal is approved on the 28th April. https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1HFaL_1jBEU83pQI2B3Lg-h9ZtcxgrQ7q

  • **Working Group**
    • We see this as a separate working group, not Patient Dossier.
    • The new group should not be too specific, so it should be called Public Health.
    • the Project team (Veerle) will ask Agoria to create the Working Group and send out the invitation to the broad community.


Jean-Michel will work on the Project Proposal to the Labo project. Expected to be presented to the Validation within a few weeks (12th May).

ACP - Advanced Care Planning

RIZIV expects to present a Project Proposal within a few weeks.


RIZIV expects to present a Project Proposal within a few weeks.

Change Process

We discussed the technical implementation of changes before the WG has a "final" vote. Agreed that the changes should be directly applied (no need to make a proposal, then approve, then implement, then approve the implementation), but instead of the main branch, those changes that were not yet reviewed by the group are applied in a separate branch. The build works in the same way, and the WG just needs to see the final output and when there are no objections, we merge to the main branch.

Status of Manzana / ScoreResult

Manzana in itself is not a federal project, but Manzana created the ScoreResult project which is a federal standard.

Role of the Project Proposals

  • Do we need the Project Proposal for Federal Standards? Yes
  • Do we need the Project Proposal for HL7 Belgium publications? Yes, because the Project Proposal is what allows us to have a Working Group.

This is also in line with the Project Proposal objective which is to share across the community what initiatives and what data is expected to be shared, to avoid conflicts, overlaps, etc.

  • Do we need a Project Proposal for GezondheidsKompas?

It's hard to know, because it's still unclear whether it will require changes to the standard. In practice, you need the experts to assess whether a change is needed, and we need to ask for the experts to meet. How to address this?

    • Project implements the standards that we have.
    • When a project has questions, or feedback that they want to change or clarify, this flows into the Change Process - they submit an issue and the WG will review. The WG can then request more information about the project, and can even advise on creating a Project Proposal if this is considered necessary.

BE Standards

We have a prototype for a roadmap - list and graph: https://hl7-be.github.io/fhir-roadmap/pages/table.html https://hl7-be.github.io/fhir-roadmap/pages/visualization.html

We agree that this should be part of our standard process:

  • Every time a profile is added or updated, this list should be updated as well, so that implementers can find out what exists.
  • We need to discuss where this is going o be hosted
  • We will need some resources to do some development (we'll procure sponsrship)