Minutes - FHIR Validation Group 2022-07-07

From Health Level 7 Belgium Wiki

Thursday, 7th July 2022, 10:00 CET


  • Population Screening:
    • can be sent to the Program Board B?
    • who to invite for meetings, when
  • Medication Scheme Vidis: Status?
  • Referral prescription: to be sent to WGSE members
  • Review publication of Manzana IG
  • IG colors
  • Lab project proposal - Review of Comments
  • FHIR governance process
  • BeProblem: remove from publication
  • Review the Status of Project proposals (which ones have been presented to the Program Board)
  • Status update and report of the current profiles


  • Jean-Michel Polfliet
  • Filoretta Velica
  • Bart Decuypere
  • Hanne Vuegen
  • Anne Nerenhausen
  • Isabelle Pollet
  • Veerle Michiels
  • José Costa Teixeira


Population Screening

  • can be sent to the Program Board B, but the PB will not meet that soon. In any case this is not blocking for the adoption, so we can advance with the meetings.
  • Meeting planning
    • José (others?) will have a technical meeting with the Population Screening vjust to advance on some technical topics
    • Karlien will summon the Public Health Group for meetings as from when VAZG considers the Business Requirements scope to be workable.

Medication Scheme Vidis: Status

  • We have some discussions (as preparation?) for the FHIR content, but we don't have the detailed Project proposal validated yet
    • We need to revise the Project proposal and present it to this group. ETA: 1st half September.

Referral prescription: to be sent to WGSE members

  • The Validation Group agrees to send the Proposal to the WGSE and then the Program Board

Review publication of Manzana IG

  • Manzana IG is requested to be published as an HL7 Belgium publication - the first HL7 Belgium IG (not federal)
  • Conclusions / Action items:
    • Manzana Project to provide some guidance to the IG and send to the editing team (Bart and José)
    • Karlien to summon a Patient Dossier Working Group meeting to validate the ScoreResult AND the Manzana ImplementationGuide content and follow the process from then on. Make sure that the Manzana team (Project team) is present
    • Like all groups, Patient Dossier should review the ScoreResult profile and take ownership.
    • Manzana Project to review the final content inside the WG
    • **IG Templates and colors to be finalized before the publication**

IG colors

  • There is a repository that contains the different color optiojns. We'll review the color scheme technically and get back to the group.
  • We may find a way to make the color scheme depending on the publisher+status

https://github.com/hl7-be/colorscheme https://hl7-be.github.io/colorscheme/branches/development/ https://hl7-be.github.io/colorscheme/branches/federal/ https://hl7-be.github.io/colorscheme/branches/hl7-be/

Lab results project proposal - Review of Comments

  • Jean-Michel will update the project proposal from the comments by Hanne and Isabelle and will send a new version by next week, so we can review by 21 July. We can ask by mail for people to give feedback by mid August. In September we just have the formality of the meeting but the feedback must have been received by mid August.
  • The EC has presenting the European requirements and we seem to be aligned with that.

FHIR governance process

  • José started to capture the BPMN version of the diagram but this has issues with formatting. After looking at this, we prefer to have a graphically rich representation of the diagram, because we need to be clear to the stakeholders. Open source tooling for editing is not a big concern here because this will not change often and will only be change by some people after long discussions.
  • Conclusion: We will keep the source (.visx or .bpmn if possible) in our publication, but we will use the rendered .png graphic in our documentation site.
  • Jean-Michel will setup a meeting with Hanne for the deltas that were identified previously (and are in the issues).
  • We consider the need for Terminology alignment process to be a blocking issue
    • We will update the diagram with a high-level interaction between Terminology Center and the rest of the process.
    • Jean-Michel will organize a meeting next week

BeProblem: remove from publication

  • Decision: We will make the status Draft AND add a warning label and publish a new release of the Core ImplementationGuide.

Meeting adjourned at 12:24 Next meeting - 18th August

Review the Status of Project proposals (which ones have been presented to the Program Board)

Status update and report of the current profiles