Minutes - FHIR Validation Group 2022-12-08

From Health Level 7 Belgium Wiki

Thursday, 8th December 2022, 10:00 CET


  • Welcome, agenda
  • Lab LM / Lab profile publication
  • Overview project statuses
  • WGSE outcomes
  • Working group updates:
    • Manzana publication as HL7 IG
    • AllergyIntolerance updates for publication


  • Bart Decuypere
  • Jean-Michel Polfliet
  • Filoretta Velica
  • José Costa Teixeira
  • Anne Nerenhausen
  • Philippe Baise
  • Nick Silverans
  • Karlien Erauw
  • Hanne Vuegen
  • Veerle Michiels
  • Freddy Carremans

Overview project statuses

Lab LM / Lab profile publication

  • Validation by vendors ongoing
  • LM will be discussed in a separate session

WGSE outcomes

FHIR process - Process is ok, no blocking remarks. (only one remark about diagram containing some information that is already in text)

Working group updates

  • DZOP:
    • Analysis is still ongoing.
    • Project Proposal ETA: Feb 2023
    • WGs expected to start in May 2023
    • RIZIV/INAMI also interested - possibly related to existing projects
  • DZOP will use the Business Requirements template and invite stakeholders to make sure the project is not isolated.
  • Manzana publication as HL7 IG
    • Changes have been applied, WG (project) ready for approval
    • An ad-hoc meeting will be requested for validation
      • Filoretta will send to Karlien an email of the changes and the scope of the publication.

AllergyIntolerance updates for publication

Request for publication: Allergy type is updated (besides some editorial changes).

  • We looked at the profile and we think the valueset for Allergy type does NOT contain the expected codes. We ask the WG to review and confirm. Issue reopened
  • José has a question about the coexistence of the previous .type and the new extension. Will create another.

Moving to FHIR R5?

We propose that this matter is sent to the HL7 Infrastructure Working Group to provide some guidance, if any.

Other issues

  • Why does BeOrganization have a NISS?

An issue has been created.

Next meeting will be on the 5th January. Face to face on the 19th.