Minutes - FHIR Validation Group 2023-05-25

From Health Level 7 Belgium Wiki

Thursday, 25th April 2023, 10:00 CET


  • Validation of CvKO IG
  • Request of terminology changes
  • Changes to examples in Vaccination
  • Status update on manzana
  • Business experts meeting for Alivia project


  • Bart Decuypere
  • Jean-Michel Polfliet
  • Veerle Michiels
  • Philippe Baise
  • Hanne Vuegen
  • José Costa Teixeira
  • Ilse Dosche
  • Tom Deprez
  • Karlien Erauw


Business experts meeting for Alivia project

  • Hanne reports that the invitation will be sent out for the meeting of the Business expert

Other topics

eHealth will have a discussion with COZO about FHIR messaging in the Hub-MetaHub system, and Nick's presence would be valuable This may be good to open to the other hubs. Hubs are also discussing how to migrate to FHIR - we see an opportunity that when the discussions start, we should perhaps combine discussions with the HL7 Work Groups. Action Item: Erwin will suggest to collaborate in the discussions he's having, and see if there's adhesion. eHealth is informed and can also try to influence.


  • Latest changes are committed, pending the FHIR Build to update: Fix Terminology designations, remove unneeded extension, add scenario names to examples to make artifacts table easier to read.
  • We should add the mapping between the logical model with the data needs and the FHIR resources.
  • Pending those additions (Logical Model and the pending changes), the Validation WG accepts this for publication and presentation at the WGSE and PB.

Manzana publication

  • Landing page is not yet ready (technical development is not done, not yet agreement on the page)

Terminology process updates

  • The terminology request (translating the CvKO codes) was issued more than one month ago (13th April). We still don't have an answer nor any indication. This forces us to release the IG without fully validating the codes. We need:
  • We should at least have any reponse of acceptance and estimates, for our planning.
  • We need to know what the projects should do, to present the needs, etc.
  • We will request David or the team to join one FHIR Validation meeting to discuss this.

Changes to Vaccination

  • A few functional changes have been made. We want to have these reviewed for the next publication.
  • Karlien will email the participants in the PD for Vaccination, asking for a meeting to review the changes, since they are not that impactful.
  • Publication steps:
    • We will organize a meeting for validation by the Patient Dossier.
    • eHealth will publish the IG after the validation of the changes.
    • Jose notes that his own examples are now not inline with the current community recommendations, and this caused his confusion. Jose retracts the need to republish and we will follow the process to change the examples too.
    • Issue created to clean up old examples.
    • We will also do the cleanup of the Artifact index as we merge the changes.